The article stated that individuals who took the 90-minute nature walk showed a decrease in rumination. The individuals brain activity also showed a change consistent with this result. The study also found that the scans showed decreased activity in the subgenual prefrontal cortex.
EXPERIENCE + PROCESS = INSPIRED CHANGEAdventure therapy is an emerging, cutting-edge treatment model in the psychotherapy field, which focuses on physically active and experiential approaches that engage, challenge and educate.
- THE BLUE MIND: The Healing Power of Water October 7, 2021
- From Burnout to Breakthrough: Strategies for Leaders during the Pandemic July 1, 2021
- Managing Your Team During the Pandemic February 17, 2021
- 14 Symptoms of a Dysfunctional Team December 3, 2020
- Nature can boost your mental health during COVID-19 September 14, 2020