SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICES
The field of addiction treatment is really starting to appreciate and embrace the benefits of Adventure Therapy. As experienced professionals in the substance abuse field, the founders of EPIC Adventures all have extensive experience working with substance abuse treatment and the challenges that early recovery brings. We are committed to providing all those struggling with addiction the chance to experience the powerful interventions of adventure therapy and offer a full array of services focused in the field of addiction treatment:
EPIC Adventures maintains a vast resource of group content that has been created for the purpose of treating substance abuse. We are well versed in the documentation expectations of the industry and therefore provide specific documentation for all of our groups that we facilitate for your program. After each group, EPIC staff submits documentation within 48 hours providing your treatment center with the ability to bill for the hours of therapy that EPIC facilitated.
Treatment centers who are interested in integrating adventure therapy elements into their program can choose between 2 or 3 hour groups or 5 hour full day events. Group programming can be discussed prior to scheduling. Available activities include: low ropes groups, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, hiking, and/or cycling. Snorkeling groups are available for more advanced clients. Please note that adventure therapy is not recommended for clients in Detox.
Do you own or operate a treatment facility and want to integrate adventure therapy into your clinical programming? EPIC Adventures offers a full spectrum of consulting services to help you get started including:
- Work with your team in developing and operationalizing policies and procedures which meet and/or exceed best practices standards in adventure therapy field (in accordance with TAPG, AEE and OBH)
- Teaching your team proper risk management procedures in adventure programming & assist in development of a risk management oversight process
- Staff training in adventure therapy theory, practice, experiential group processing skills, safety protocols, and group programming (i.e. modules)
- Creating an adventure-based curriculum (modules) for your agency
- Serving as member of your agency’s safety/risk management committee on ongoing basis to provide continual support to your agency
- Ongoing consultation as needed
EPIC Adventures provides workshops and training programs designed to teach clinicians interested in adventure therapy the best practices in the field, current trends and research, experiential processing skills, risk management/safety protocols, programming (i.e. modules, initiatives and activities), ancillary skills such as proper kayaking, SUP and snorkeling technique, etc.
Follow us on Facebook (EPIC Adventures Therapy LLC) to find out about our training programs and schedule
Each substance abuse group provides the following:
- Master’s level therapist
- Support staff as needed
- Regular communication with treatment center staff
- Water for all clients for duration of group
- All equipment and supplies needed for group
- Sunscreen/Bug spray/ First aid supplies
- Clinical documentation
Start an Adventure Today!
Join our Mailing List
Sign up & receive all the latest EPIC news, events and promotions directly to your email !